After 1st July 2018, Google’s Chrome browser will mark all website not using SSL as ‘not secure’. You need an SSL certificate for secure your website and boost your website SEO ranking. So SSL is very important for your website. Do you want to install free SSL certificate on your website? In this article, we will show you how to install a free SSL certificate on your website and redirect HTTP to HTTPS.
What is SSL?
SSL Stands for secure sockets layer. An SSL creates a secure, encrypted connection between the visitor’s browser and the web server. If you don’t installed SSL certificate in your website, It usages HTTP(Hypertext Transfer Protocol) connection. HTTP connection is not secure. If someone entered data on HTTP connection, Hacker can steal this transmitted data. But if you installed an SSL certificate on your website, your website data encrypted using HTTPS connection. You should purchase an SSL certificate to protect information that other people enter on your website.
How to Install a Free SSL Certificate on Your Website?
Install Free SSL Certificate Using Cpanel
- Most of the hosting provider offers free using certificate using Let’s Encrypt Cpanel plugin. If your hosting provider offer let’s encrypt SSL option in your cpanel, You can easily install an SSL certificate on your website for free.
- First of all, you need to log in your website cPanel, you can reach it by going to http://yourdomain.com:2082 or http://yourdomain.com/cpanel/
- After login your website cPanel, now you should find the Let’s Encrypt option from the Security section
- Once you have entered Let’s Encrypt SSL you have to click on Issue button near your domain name.
- After you have done you need to make sure SSL works or not. Visit your website with https://. If it works, you have to redirect your website http to https.
Install Free SSL Certificate Using SSLForFree.com
SSLforfree.com provide you SSL certificate using Let’s Encrypt ACME server by using domain validation. It’s 100% free and safe. This certificate is issued within a minutes. It’s supported by all types of internet browser. The certificate is valid for 90 days and will need to be renewed after every 90 days. Let’s start SSL installation using SSLForFree.com:
- Visit www.sslforfree.com and type all domains and subdomains you want to be protected by an SSL certificate. Then click on “Create Free SSL Certificate”.
- Click on “Manual verification” to manually verify your domain. Also, you can use Automatic FTP Verification and Manual Verification(DNS).
- Then click on Manually Verify Domain button.
- After that, it will show you some domain verification instruction. Then download 2 verification files by clicking Download File#1 and Download File #2 links.
- Then go your website Cpanel and open file manager.
- Then go to your website root directory and create a folder called “.well-known/acme-challenge”. After that upload the downloaded files into your website “.well-known/acme-challenge” folder.
7. Open sslforfree.com tab again & click on Download SSL Certificate button.
8. If you verified your website successfully, It will generate your website free SSL certificate for 90 days. Just download all certificate files.
9. In Cpanel click on “SSL/TLS” placed under “SECURITY” section.
10. Under “Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)” click on the link “Manage SSL sites“.
11. Then select your domain to install SSL. Copy SSL all certificate from SSLFORFREE.COM and paste all certificate files into the box.
12. Finally, click on “Install Certificate”. That’s it
Now, browse your site with https:// to test your SSL and server configurations. You can verify the certificate details by clicking on the padlock icon in the browser if your site is working correctly on the HTTPS version. Then you should redirect the website automatically http to https. If you don’t know how to redirect your website automatically http to https, Click here.
I hope you installed free SSL certificate on your website successfully. If you need any help, Please comment below.